Tuesday, March 1, 2011

little fish in a "massive" pond

 Ok, so let me start off by saying that none of us(alyssa, katie, and I) had EVER tried paddle boarding before. It was a beautiful day, so we decided....why not go out and have some fun in the water. We chose the most windy of days...and there was more falling than paddling. Nevertheless, it was one of my most favorite days in Australia! We miss you Katie, thank you so much for visiting!
 Since I work at Rip Curl, I get access to paddle boards and surfboards. So we took out two huge paddleboards and a longboard, and went to town!

 We spent a lot of time just trying to get our sea legs....they never really came.
 




Looking a bit unstable.....

All I have to say is...it's way better falling OVER AND OVER with your friends...

                                                   ... Rather than falling alone!!!



yeahhh!! You can't see it, but there were little
surfer kids right next to me thinking this was the funniest thing they had ever seen. oh well, still an accomplishment!!
We all eventually had some success...even if it was just standing up for a few seconds! we know now that windy weather isn't paddleboarding weather. (come on, I need something to blame it on!)


 I personally think the award goes to Katie. She shredded on that longboard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment